14 October 2008

TILAPIA...YumYum!


Naughty me, I slipped off to "Margarita Ville" this afternoon and enjoyed a "South Of The Border" lunch while Dave and the pooch minced on leftovers in the kitchen at home. Feeling guilty, I went to the fish monger on the way home and splurged on tilapia fillets for our dinner together. It is so easy to do a fancy fish entree in no time. I served the little fish fillets with white wine (can't live without it), la baguette and sauteed asparagus spears. Here is an idea of how I prepared the fish.

*******************
Tilapia à la française


Tilapia (pronounced /tə,lapiə/) or substitute with flounder, cod, scrod.


As you may remember from my former recipes, I use French, tin lined copper for a majority of my cooking but you can surely use any shallow pan that you have in you cupboard. In your pan, brush a bit of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon. Place your fish fillets, not touching, on this oiled surface. Squeeze some lemon juice on each fillet and sprinkle with your favorite herbs. (à la grecque ) I use Penezys Spices "Sunny Paris". It contains purple shallots, chives, green peppercorn, French basil, French tarragon, chervil, crushed bay leaf and dill weed. (I have all of these herbs in my herb drawers but I can never get the same combination that Penzeys does). Lay 3 or 4 very thin slices of butter on each fillet, and sprinkle with French sea salt. Put under the broiler until done to your liking. Since I've broiled in the pretty, oval copper pan, I serve it in the same pan. I do add a sprig of an herb and a lemon wedge to to pretty it up.



PLEASE TAKE TIME TO CHECK PENZEYS WEBSITE

Bon appétit, Mme. Lily...

No comments: